Pregnant women today have a wide variety of maternity bathing suits that they can choose from so that they don’t have to avoid going to the beach or spending time at the pool. These pregnancy bathing suits come in a wide range of styles. The one-piece maternity swim suit is usually the most preferred choice. However, there is the tankini which features a bikini bottom but a tank top instead of a bikini top. These may also be referred to as maternity bikini bathing suits because of the bottoms.
2012 maternity swim suit trends
Buying a swimsuit can be fairly challenging as it is, but when you are pregnant finding maternity bathing suits can be very frustrating. Here are some style trends to consider to be aware of that will make your shopping experience a little easier:
- Colors such as blacks, blues, browns, pinks, and purples are still consistent favorites
- Current trends are leaning towards bright colors and prints, especially blurred or engineered stripes in vibrant shades
- Look for plus size/maternity bathing suits that have draped material around the belly and sides so that you can still wear flattering bathing suits and wear them throughout your pregnancy
- One-piece maternity bathing suits and tankinis (see above) are your two best choices for comfort and coverage
- The baby doll halter style maternity swim suit is a more conservative look for those who would rather not wear bright colors and patterns
- Tie-dye is making a comeback because of the bright colors used and the overall design or print
Just remember that patterns can be exciting and fun but darker colors (especially blacks and blues) are always more slimming.
Shopping for your maternity bathing suits online
Fortunately, with the advent of the internet, it is now more convenient than ever to purchase a maternity swim suit. Flattering bathing suits are available at numerous websites that are very reputable and secure. Shopping online is also an excellent way to save time and money. If you find a few pregnancy bathing suits at different retailers that interest you, check the internet to see if you can find it at a better price.
Always select as comfortable a bathing suit as you can. You should consider purchasing a cover-up or wrap to provide you with more protection when you are not in the water. Finally, don’t be afraid to “flaunt it if you’ve got it” by wearing maternity bathing suits made with brighter colors and patterns.